History of L.K. Olson Hardware
Founded in 1945 by Lew K. Olson, the store was originally located on
the corner of 50th Street and 34th Avenue South. In 1949, Lew built a
building on the corner of 42nd Street and 28th Avenue South.
In 1965, Lew had a stroke and turned the business over to his daughter,
Doris and her brother-in-law ran the store for a couple of years
until he decided to pursue other interests. Doris then ran the store herself
until she retired in 1982 and sold the store to Leroy Fish.
Leroy ran the store for 10 years until his retirement and sold it in 1992
to a partnership, Lee Bourbon and Dave Johnson. Lee and Dave hired a manager
who ran the store for them until they sold it in August of 1995 to Jim and Lisa
Hudson, who are the present owners.
Jim and Lisa bought a larger building less than a block away and moved
the store in 2005 to its present location on 42nd Street and 29th Avenue South.
If you know of any other facts please email